Im as tired as anyone in our business regarding monetizing social media as we have not seen any real ROI metrics or analysis! Creating a valuable relationship with a customer is hard to value if it isnt directly linked to driving revenue or at the very least converting visitors to leads and leads to customers! Lets face it, it's still uncharted water and Now Social Media ROI is in Demand!!We as digital marketers and professionals will need to get a better sense of it this year and fortunately Connie Bensen (former Social Media Consultant now "Community Strategist) breakdowns the following trends for 2010 as it relates to this social media ROI. This will help move the ball forward!
She says this year:
- Companies will expect ROI from their Social Media efforts.
- The Social Media Specialist (Community Manager) position will become mainstream.
- Cultural shift inside of companies will emerge.
- Social Media Monitoring will be a necessary component
- Agencies and companies will hire data analysts
- Integration of platforms and processes will be critical.
Read Connies full article here: